Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lewis Winch loads logging trailer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We are positioned on a skid trail above the logging.

The Lewis Winch is chained
to a tree above the skid trail and
we are pulling 16 foot Douglas Fir trees up a 30 deg slope.

We use snatch blocks and the Tree Saver Belt to maneuver and position logs for a direct up-hill pull.

I get the easy job of running the Lewis Winch while my partner gets to be choker setter.




















After we have pulled the logs to the skid trail, we skid them to the landing using the ATV.


Recently I purchased a Lewis Winch Trailer Hitch Mount and I have adapted it to enable us to load 8 foot logs onto the trailer.



My home built ATV skidding plate is used to help the log climb up onto the trailer bed and by repositioning the loading crossbar we can load logs three tiers high.

I have been using the Lewis Winch on jobs like this for over 10 years, and while I have worn out a cable or two, the Lewis Winch has never failed me.


Bob Beall
Kalispell Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment